Sunday, February 24, 2008

In Memory of John

Today was a day for John, it was his day. We remembered John today, John at his best, on the baseball fields before he was taken from us. Today we watched the gray skies part to let in the sun right at the moment when his mother Donna began to talk about her beloved son. We know John was with us, watching us celebrate the life he had and the life that his family must continue to live even in if he is not here. I remember all the fun we had when we were kids, jumping out of the tree to be a part of John and Lezlie's club, playing on the swing set in the back yard, Disneyland, hot springs and San Clemente beach. Sleepovers, Crystal Palace, Greenbriar Pond and swimming. John was the ring leader, Lezlie was the sidekick and Nick and I were lucky to be included. John will always be in my heart and I will always remember the fun we had when we were kids.

Today was not a sad day, it was filled with laughter and fun. After Johns ceremony Nick, announced that he would be getting married right then and there. Nick and Megan were married in front of Johns tree, the most perfect spot. We all had a good time, it was so nice to watch Donna be so happy, it has been a long time coming. I am proud of Nick and the man he has become and I am sure John is looking down from heaven watching his family and being glad that they can experience life in memory of him. We all love you John!

No comments: