Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Almond Butter Disaster!

So I was invited to a cookie party this sat. night and of course I was going to go and I never gave a second thought about having an issue making cookies. I was told to bring something interesting so that everyone would get a new recipe, not just your usual chocolate chip, back of the bag cookie. So I decided to make Almond butter bars. I found the recipe on a blog I like to read and it looked simple enough, never mind I didn't know what Almond butter was (my sign to pick a new recipe but nope I have to make my life difficult).
So I get all the ingredients, measure everything out and start to make the mixture....everything seemed fine....that was until I got hung up on the mix till creamy but not too much direction. What is too much anyways?? So the final result was a crispy burnt top and mushy uncooked center. At $7.00 a jar, Almond butter was my biggest investment of the weekend and I should have just ripped the cash up. Anyhow, I won the prize for Disaster Cookie, and earned myself a reputation of the "girl who can't bake." Anyhow, I have a whole year to figure out how I am not only going to redeem myself but also walk away with the Top Cookie Award.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

That stinks that you didn't get to go! I guess I should do a trial batch of the ones I am going to make for my cookie exchange!:)

Sarah said...

Oh, I hate it when a recipe doesn't turn out! It was so nice seeing you Lauren and I wish we could have had more time to visit. Your family is so adorable!

Chrissy said...

I love the new pictures!!! So cute!!