Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mommy and Maile's Date Night

Friday day was a very stressful day for me. The past few weeks have been packed with lots to do and the girls, especially Maile have been somewhat difficult. She is at the age where she is only going to do what she wants to do and if you tell her otherwise she will stick her tongue out , or give serious attitude. Frankly I was up to HERE with her behavior. So I had somewhat of a mini breakdown, wondering what happened to the sweet, loving girl that I was beginning to see less and less of. So I knew I needed to get her alone and just spend some quality time together. So after sobbing on the phone with Zach we decided that I would take Maile out on a date. It was really a great night. We started out at Red Robin for dinner and then followed dinner up with some shopping and ear piercing. Maile loves her earrings and was such a brave girl getting them pierced. On the way home we stopped off for some frozen yogurt and then headed home. This night was crucial for me and her also I am sure. I got to talk to her and enjoy only her. I didn't have the twins needing my attention or any other annoyance getting in the way. I just had an amazing evening with my daughter. After Friday we have decided that it is going to be mandatory in our house that the kids get some serious one on one time with a parent. They need that special bonding that they don't always get in the normal everyday routine. I now remember that I need to cherish my sweet children no matter how rotten they may be acting, because end the end they really are wonderful little creatures that we will mold into awesome people someday!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Lauren your kids are so beautiful (and so are you)! I totally know how those frustrating days can be. What a great idea to take the kids out for a little one-on-one time.

Jenn said...

What a great idea-I just might have to add it to my list. Sometimes I wonder where I went wrong with my kids, but a nice date night out with them one of one sounds perfect.

Chrissy said...

We are feeling the same!! Things are crazy, but throught it all I know that my kids are great!! We need to start that too. I know my kids are way better when they get some of that one on one time. And let's get together for sure! Name the time and place. Any day but Wednesday!

Danielle said...

Glad you had a good night! Can't wait to see her earrings! I think the bad moods are in the air because I am praying for some patience right about now!