Saturday, March 29, 2008

Exhausted, Relieved and Thankful

I just want to let everyone know that Lexi and Becca are on their way to feeling better. Today for the first time they were up and about playing like normal 18mo old babies. Eating is still a tough issue but we are managing. They are asleep in their beds for the first time since last Sunday and for that I am relieved. Maybe we will all get some much needed rest tonight. I can sum this up as one of the hardest weeks of my life. It is so hard as a mom to have to watch your babies be so sick. The worst part was they were so hungry but didn't want to eat anything, it was a good three days and a couple good cries by everyone, me included before they ate anything substantial. So basically we survived this week without a hospital stay which is going against all odds that never seem to be in my favor!

I want to thank my mom for saving me last night. She called up and said she was going to come over and watch the girls so I can get a break. I can't begin to say how much I needed to feel like a normal person. She came into the germ zone and Zach and I got to go out. We started off at the New York New York and rode the roller coaster. That was great!! Wind through my hair, complete kidless freedom felt good! Next we headed to the Olive Garden and shared a great meal together, I even let him sit next to me in the booth. After such a emotionally draining week, some quality time with Zach is exactly what the doctor ordered. (totally cheesy but fitting)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Good to hear the girls and feeling a little better and that you got some YOU time :)