Monday, May 12, 2008

Ride um Cowboy!

This year for Zachary's birthday we went horse back riding at the Sage Brush Ranch in Hidden Valley. It was Zach, me, Zachary and three of his ATA buddies, Ashlyn, Justin and Turner. The Sage Brush Ranch that was featured online was slightly different than the one we pulled up to (the real one kinda getto) but it worked out in the end because they really let us have some freedom on the horses. It was really quite and experience, they mounted us on the horses gave us a two minute crash course on how to control a horse and we were off! I was a little concerned on how the kids would do but they were naturals! (I must point out though I should have never thrown Zach's hideous cowboy boots away because he must have been a COWBOY in another life!) We followed a trail that took us up some pretty steep hills and we got to gallop with our horses. I was so proud of Zachary and all the kids really, I was nervous having never gone faster than a slow walk on a horse to a full on gallop but they were not scared at all! A little over half way through we had a barbeque lunch and then finished off the rest of the ride. We then let the kids hike a bit and we stoped and they launched some fireworks on the indian reservation before we headed home. At the house all the family came over for some pizza, cake and ice cream. Zachary really had a great day and he named this the best birthday party he ever had!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh HOW FUN!! I love horse back riding.. every once in a while =) Im sure all the boys had a blast too

Chrissy said...

How fun for him!! Happy Birthday Zach!!